Thursday, June 18, 2015

Home Adventure in Detroit

A few weeks ago I went on a little adventure with some ladies. To places I've been to and places I haven't. All were wonderful and a ton of fun.

First stop was Belle Isle Conservatory. Now that it's state owned we're hoping for some big, amazing changes. And, I have to say, this was pretty great!











A bit from outside the conservatory


We went to Sister Pie in Indian Village of Detroit. What a fun, cute little place. They do sweet and savory pies and cookies. They didn't have any savory when I was there (sad!) so I got cookies (I do love pie)


 Who could say no to mint lime cookies absolutely coated in powdered sugar?!

Across the street was a little market I just had to go in

Parker St. Market! I got a spicy ginger beer for the husband, and an Earl Grey Bon Bon Bon!
Def a fun little place and I think I heard they're expanding. Good for them!


We drove around a bit!

Then we went to Pewabic Pottery, they were having a garden party. Oh they had such lovely pieces! Heart! Swoon!

I DID treat myself to a vase from the garden sale. Just look at this darling bunny vase in a pale blue/grey. It was a little expensive but I couldn't resist. It marked a fun day and I'll have it forever.

I so enjoy these little days filled with new places and fun! Next up I hope is Ann Arbor. We've planned to go on two differenct occasionas and have been cancelled due to rain both times. It just. keeps. raining!

I really want to go and do a bookshop tour, it's a place of book shops! And, a nearby town has a kite store! Kites! I haven't had a kite since I was a kid, when there was one in a somewhat nearby town (where I live now actually) and we flew kites in the cornfield across the street from the house (I lived in a bit of country). Oh, it was so fun and I dream of it!





No comments:

Post a Comment