Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Happy Days

Good Morning!
It has been a good past week. First, I put in my two week notice at work! Here is my quitting outfit and face! Though I don't have a full outfit picture. We only have one small mirror. I wore a beautiful brocade skirt, it's pale mint with grey dots and the high waist is a grey and white scalloped, wide elastic.


 Then, I immediately began writing! Because, that's why I'm quitting. To put all my energy into what I love and into what is my career. My Mom discovered a newer magazine by one of our favorite publishers, Stampington Collection (I actually emailed them for a job right out of college, they responded saying I was funny and they'd keep me in mind if they were ever in the area), called Bella Grace. With a copy in hand, I knew it was perfect for me! All about living life to the fullest, finding magical moments in the ordinary, being happy and positive. It's absolutely beautiful, the pictures and the writing. The pages have a matt finish that smell and feel great and will stand the test of time. Oh, I read it in a few days and was in love. I wrote a few pieces, just train of thoughts about different topics that mean something to me. I already submitted one this past Monday and am working on some others. Even if nothing comes of it for this magazine, those essays mean something to me and it's getting me excited and inspired to write more.


 I read this delightful, light-hearted child's novel this week. I've been eyeing it for some time and got it on a whim at Meijer (or I should say, my Mom did for me, she's sweet like that). It was exactly as I hoped. Charming, funny, sweet, and plain fun. I think I will get more books by this author.

 An order from amazon finally arrived this week! I bought two novels I've been wanting to read (newer ones, I don't often indulge in), because I had a gift card from my birthday from January! Bone Gap! Not a lot of reviews on Amazon but on Goodreads things are interesting. People either really love it or don't like it at all! Most people seem to think it's strange and wonderful. I'm very excited!

As you can see here, Luna is also excited for Bone Gap. Actually this picture is to show you the other novel I received. Greenglass House! Very exciting! A magical looking middle grade novel that takes place in winter. Perfect research and inspiration for the novel I'm currently working on! Plus that cover is gorgeous!

 I read this fun little book from Neil Gaiman the other day. It's a goofy, one sitting book. The Illustrations were just as fantastic as the story.

Full, mini reviews (as in the mini reviews I give as a recap) will be up at the end of the month for all the books I read in April. 
Now some extra pictures of what I've been up to!
Pretty tea at Starbucks. James and I go about once a week together, to work on separate things, together on our graphic novel, and to play card games.

 Coloring is meditation. I've had this beautiful adult coloring book, Secret Garden, for a few years. I don't get a lot colored at any given time, but I've finished a half dozen pages over two years and they make me happy to work on and to see. I have another one, The Art of Nature, which is beautiful in its own way. I'd love to have the Enchanted Forest by the same artist that did the one shown here.

 Here are the other two things I got in my amazon order! I am so excited for this spring and summer. To hike, be on the beach, exploring! Watching birds and butterflies, finding beach glass and fossils, collecting butterfly wings, feathers, pressing leaves and flowers and everything and anything else!



1 comment:

  1. Coffee fiend! Look at that lovely cappuccino. I could go for one right now...

    ReplyDelete