Friday, March 27, 2015

A Few Things From Today

I started today in a rough spot. I had a terrible migraine. If you've had them, you know how much it can make your life feel hopeless. I wanted to cry but feared it would make things worse. I was nauseous and in pain, the light hurt, sounds hurt. I couldn't read or watch TV, eat or drink coffee. I knew a pain killer wouldn't work but I tried anyway. I ended up going back to bed after an hour of trying.

A few hours later my Mom called asking if I would like to meet her and my Dad for lunch. I knew I had to get up and get out. I wouldn't get any better staying in bed all day.

It made such a difference! I couldn't eat much, but just being outside (even if it was snowing, damn it), and having a little food and most importantly, being distracted and with ones I love, was so helpful.

After lunch they drove me to target so I could get the new Hobbit movie (with lego figurines!) and then to Barnes & Noble. I didn't even get a book. I got a small box with flashcards of birds. I am so so so excited to go exploring this spring and summer. Through woods, on beaches, and wherever else. I want to look for birds and butterflies, trees and plants and flowers! I want to learn and collect and appreciate all there is.

The darling box of flash cards


There's a tab at the top to pull the cards out.

 Here's a small example of the cards. They're color coordinated by region.


I love how small the box is. It will be so easy and handy to throw in a bag and go. And, since they're color cooredinated I could always separate them and just take the ones I think I'd see (though, being in Michigan I think I'll have the chance to see them all). Not to mention, the cards are beautiful. The illustrations are wonderful and detailed, the cards are creamy instead of white, easy on the eyes. And the back of the cards have great bits of information for the beginner birder such as myself. 

At Target I also got the new Awolantion CD. I don't buy CDs often anymore but once in a while it's really nice. I get records more often now, and really just as gifts from the husband.

I'll have to post a picture with the little lego guys, too!

When I got home, I had a lovely piece of creamy raspberry crumble cake and now I'm just hanging around trying to distract myself lest my migraine returns full force. I can handle a dull ache in the meantime.





1 comment:

  1. I knew someone in middle school who used to have to be excused from class. His pain would be so great that he couldnt see, and would have to go sit in a dark room until he threw up and felt better.

    The closest I can relate are my sinus headaches, which make me feel sick and not want to do anything. I'm sorry you had to have a day like this.

    ReplyDelete